Sunday, June 19, 2011

Nice Thrift Store Find!

On the Saturday following my doll club meeting, I am always pretty hyped about dolls, etc.  I decided to run by my favorite thrift store even though I was totally exhausted from my full schedule of "taking care of business Saturday".  I was totally surprised to see that the children had not ruined the toy isle as they normally do especially at 6:30 in the evening.  First I saw two dolls that I wanted.  One of which was as nude SIS (Grace) doll and the other was a TRU Barbie doll that comes with several outfits.  I wanted the SIS just because...and the other one I wanted because she had on a pink and black dress.  It was pink so of course, I had to have it.  Well, I noticed that neither had price tags on their backs which meant that I would most likely not get a chance to purchase either...darn!  I decided to take them to the register anyway to see what my chances were.  In route to check out, I looked to the left and there was this cute 18 inch doll that was out of place and was not on the toy isle.  Once I was close to her I noticed that she was a Madam Alexander doll and became more excited.  I did not realize that she came with an afro.  She is lovely as ever.  Take a look. Oh P.S. The manager would not allow me to purchase the non-priced dolls.

She appears to be complete.


Her hair was not in bad shape it just needed to be combed.


Yep, she was only $1.48!!!!!!


And here she is cleaned up.  I really didn't have
much cleaning up to do she was practically
in mint condition.


The cutest little face.  I gave her some earrings.


She fits right in with the rest of the bunch.


I LOVE a great thrift store find!



I found this pic on google.  I am not sure if
this is her or not.

2 comments:

  1. She is adorable. I tried to resist these 18" cuties but I do own one. I call her Sunshine or Sunny. I also seem to have 4 of 5 of the Big Kelly's. I have my eye on this beautiful AA Karito Kid doll @ TRU. If they go on sale she's mine for sure :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a cutie. I had actually vowed to purchase no more big girls, but I couldn't resist her for $1.48. Now, I have to go check out the Karito Kid doll you are speaking of. Today is a great day to do so. TRU has buy 1 get 1 free collector Barbies $25 and up.

    ReplyDelete

Atlanta Doll Collectors Show and Sale

                                           Please join us THE ATLANTA DOLL COLLECTORS    2017 Atlanta Doll Collectors Doll ...