Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I introduce to you...Troy (and Mike 2)

Yep, two post from me in one day...No it does not mean that it is going to snow.  Lol!

I decided that due to my busy week/weekend, I wanted something to do that would be relaxing and not take too much energy.  Yes, my bedroom could use a little tidying up, but I wanted to do something that was fun.  I looked around my room and thought "now what can I get into".  I saw a Tuesday Morning bag in my chair and thought whatever is inside, I will debox.  I knew that the bag contained a few dolls.  The first doll that I pulled out was my Divergent dude.  I had totally forgotten about him.   I decided that I would customize him and add him to my story.  Tracy India left a post stating that "she could not wait to see who this Troy was that has Gracie all frazzled".  Hmmm, I thought.   He is cute, so I believe that this will be my Troy.


Divergent 2014

I decided to give him a total different look.  I wanted to change his hair color to make him more ethnic.  I decided to use a black sharpie to make it happen.  The following picture is a side view.  I was kind of nervous as to how he would turn out so I didn't take many pictures as I went along.

Side view - I should have taken more pictures

Back view - Tats are original


And here he is.....

Miquel "Troy" Maddox 

I fluffed out his hair with the tip of the sharpie which was serving as two purposes.  For one I was able to continue to change the color of his hair and two, the tip lifted the hair very well.  I still need to go around the edges some more.  It is a permanent marker, so I am a little hesitant to do so.

I decided that I like the look so much and decided to give him a little face lift.  I am very pleased at how he came out and Gracie is happy too.

Gracelyn and ex-beau (for now) Troy

*                    *                   *                   *                   *                   *

I decided to repaint Dallas boyfriend (Mike) as well.   The first pic is how he looked before.


Dallas and Mike
This is from my Happy New Year post on 1/1/15

First repaint - sorry for bad pic


Second repaint


Final - the mole under the eye was removed

Michael wants to show off his tattoos too.  Lol!  I put these on him.







Dallas can't stop looking at her man's new look.  I like how this repaint turned out in comparison to the first pic.


Thanks for stopping by.

Be blessed!

34 comments:

  1. You must have known we would make some cracks at you about doing two posts in one day. Girl, I had no choice but to check the weather. Troy is fine. I see why she's frazzled. I watch Divergent solely for this character. Mike looks good, too. His tats are great, and he has more personality now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!!! Yes, I knew that I would get some cracks for doing 2 post. The Divergent character is super cute! Thanks for your compliments. Now, I need to create some stories. Lol!

      Delete
  2. I like what you did to both dolls! I find that many for of us are personalizing our doll! Great job! Where did you get the tattoos from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms Leo!! I bought the tattoos from Family Dollar for $1.00. I love putting them on dolls although I have none.

      Delete
  3. Great make-overs, both guys look very handsome! Michael's tattoos are great :-)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I appreciate your compliments! The tattoos are a nice accent. :-)

      Delete
  4. Nice painting, GG. The guys look great. The gals look happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D7ana! Thanks!! The girls are very happy with the guys new look. Gracie has a boyfriend, but I am not sure for how long. Lol!

      Delete
  5. The change in the Divergent guy is substantial! He looks like a light skinned brother now. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Muff!!! That is the look that I was going after. I almost made him of Puerto Rican decent. It is amazing what a hair color change can do.

      Delete
  6. Great job, GG. I would be nervous about using the Sharpie around the hairline. It could bleed onto the vinyl.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DBG!! Thanks so much! I am probably going to just leave it alone. I would hate to ruin the doll just because of the little edges that are shown. I could maybe use some acrylic pant.

      Delete
  7. Oooh la la... your boys are beautiful........

    Great job on Troy's hair, dear... I love the entire makeover! And that goatie of Mike is making his eyes pop more - love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shasha. Thanks so much! I would love to remove some of Mike's factory eyeliner, but I am a little chicken. I need some more practice. Lol! I really appreciate your nice compliment.

      Delete
  8. I can't believe what a difference the hair change makes for Troy! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yaaaassssss honey! Grace better not even blink too many times 'cuz a few of my single ladies are eye-ballin' Troy. Very nice work! Dallas' man looks fly as well. I'm looking forward to a triple date with Julia & Jabari and then new hot couples. Wink, wink.l...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy India, I am glad you like him. Thanks!! You are the inspiration behind creating Troy. :-). I need to get busy with getting them back together so that he does not slip away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Troy looks great! Gracie had better snatch him back up quickly. Mike's new look is good. I do think the second repaint is the better one. The moustache really changed him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that Gracie will decide to snatch him up too. Lol! Thanks for your compliments. :-) I like him much better with the mustache also.

      Delete
  12. Nice dudes, Georgia Girl! It amazing what that sharpie did - like a major wand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DeMari. Thanks! I am very pleased with how Troy turned out. He is anxious to make his debut in the stories.

      Glad to see you stopping by.

      Delete
  13. They look so good! I have not been brave enough to do any repaints. I'm trying to get up the courage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valsays! You should try it. I am still taking baby steps. I would love to learn to change the eyes and do the makeup.

      Delete
  14. Nice repaints! Lol I don't know how you can live without deboxing your dolls! As soon as I get a doll I start ripping them out of the box. I must not have a lot of will power or patience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Champagne Star!! I would love to give each of them their own photo shoot, but due to my work schedule, I have very little time to play. Sometimes I just have to make the time to do it (hint: sporadic blog post). I always thoroughly enjoy doing so when time permits, but removing a new doll from its package is a real treat. Thanks for stopping by.

      P.S. I live vicariously through people who take their dolls out and play on a regular. :-)

      Delete
  15. Your dolls are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma! :-) Thanks so much! I appreciate you for stopping by.

      Delete
  16. A more natural look! I like, I like!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello GG,

    I am stopping by to let you know I nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. See the specifics at the URL
    http://blackdollcollecting.blogspot.com/2015/08/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

    or here.

    db

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey hey, Georgia Girl... There's been a Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award nomination going on and I was nominated.. And I'd like to nominate you, too! Please check the link below when you have the time... Thanks!!!

    http://ateliernishasha.blogspot.com/2015/08/nomination-and-nominees-for-sisterhood.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeeeesssss! I never thought of using a sharpie for dying...I can't wait to try it out.
    What you did to the fellas is hot. No wonder Mike's lady love is enamored! I'll bet Troy will be snapped up soon too. Looking forward.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how he came out. I was just sitting around having a lazy day and decided to give it a try. I can't wait to do another. Troy is having a good time in my dolly town. It is full of females. Lol!

      Delete

Atlanta Doll Collectors Show and Sale

                                           Please join us THE ATLANTA DOLL COLLECTORS    2017 Atlanta Doll Collectors Doll ...