Thank you Debbie Black Doll Collecting for the nomination! I am honored to participate. :-)
Also thank you Shasha atelierniShasha for nominating me as well.
Award Purpose: “Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award recognizes the unique voices of women bloggers around the world.”
What you need to do:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions they have sent you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten people.
1) When did you publish your first blog?
My first blog was published on June 12, 2011. Wow, I did not realize that it has been 4 fours. Time really does fly.
2) What inspires you to write a post?
I am usually inspired by something that I have on my long list of projects. I normally just flip through my binder and start the process of choosing who will be in the post and how I deliver it.
3) Other than your blog, what else do you write?
I am not currently writing anything. I have written a couple of poems and a couple of short stories. I never finished the short stories. Maybe one day I will revisit them.
4) Has any of your other writing been published?
No. I barely have shared them with others. I use to be extremely shy.
5) How long have you been a collector?
I have been an official doll collector since 1995. I have always had a love for dolls. My Mom purchased my last Barbie doll when I was 16 years of age....stating that I was too old for dolls. Well that was then, she actually purchased several dolls for me as a adult collector before she passed.
6) List everything you enjoy collecting?
I love, love teddy bears (my first true love before dolls), nickels, fabric (because I am not doing much of anything with it right now), unique ink pens, and collectible shoes.
|The Right Shoe|
7) How do others feel about your collection?
My family does not have much to say about my collection. I believe that they think it is cool. Usually if one of my siblings come by for a visit with a friend, they usually ask me to show them (the friend) some of my dolls. As for others, they seem to be okay with it...atleast to my face. Lol! I have one friend who thinks it is silly and had no problem telling me so. That gave me permission to express to her that I do not care what she thinks. This is my hobby. I absolutely love it and I do not care how anyone feels about it....next!
8) If you could purchase anything you enjoy collecting, what would it be and why?
I would purchase the Nini Momo Atlanta doll that my friend Rita has for sale. I just can't at this time pay that amount of money for a doll. I am just not there yet.....sigh.
9) Please share anything about yourself that you would like your readers to know?
I would like the readers to know that I enjoy reading each and every one of your post. You guys are the best!!
10. Share one thing about yourself that would surprise most people?
I am very modest, but if I could (
My ten questions for my nominees are:
1. What inspires you?
2. If you could have one wish to come true what would it be?
3. Who is your number one hero and why?
4. What is your favorite thing to collect for your dolls?
5. Who is your favorite doll artist?
6. What is your ultimate grail that you would love to have?
7. Name one word to describe yourself?
8. What is your favorite snack?
9. Have you ever been embarrassed about your collection?
10. Are you a "player or displayer" (in the famous words of Jewell).
Most bloggers have already been nominated so I am going to list a few. If anyone reading this and you have not been nominated, YOU are it!
Nominees for the "Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award" are:
Thanks for stopping by!
Be blessed! :-)